Furnace Repair & Maintenance Irvine CA | OC Heating & HVAC Experts
Do I need furnace repair?
Traditionally when we get into the later months of the year (October, November, December), the need for heating comes up in many households. There are multiple scenarios where your furnace could be underperforming or in need of maintenance that could lead to higher long term costs or even hazardous environments. This begs the question “How do I know I need furnace repair?” We’ve developed a furnace inspection checklist that we think will help you have an idea of whether your unit needs service or not.
- Age: If your unit has a long shelf life (10+ years) and hasn’t received routine maintenance (we recommend it yearly), it is most likely time to get that unit checked.
- Check the air filter: An air filter replacement is one of the most common fixes that leads to inefficient furnace usage or poor heating. They are recommended to be replaced every 3 months.
- Clean the burners: Making sure the burners and flame sensor are cleaned is very important. The flame should be a consistent blue, a yellow or flickering flame could indicate bigger issues such as a dirty burner or a bad mixture of chemicals in the air.
- Inspect heat exchanger & CO detector: Making sure the batteries are replaced on the CO detector. Checking the heat exchanger for cracks & leaks is important as it transfers the heat from the combustion chamber to the air ducts.
- Check wiring, look for leaks, lubricate components: This is more of the general maintenance work you can complete on your unit. Since dealing with heat, these all greatly improve the efficiency of your heating in your home.
Consequences of a bad furnace
We recommend yearly repair & maintenance on your unit, as it definitely creates more efficient and safer heating for your home. You can save on electricity bills, while making sure you & your loved ones warm and comfortable through those colder nights. On the other hand, an unmaintained furnace can become a real burden during the winter time when needed. Our experts are equipped to troubleshoot all of your furnace tune-up issues, and we are a 5 star rated HVAC contractor serving Irvine CA. With our competitively priced heating services, getting a tune-up can be much more beneficial to your long term costs. It decreases the likelihood you will need a bigger emergency service in the future, and keeps you comfortable and warm during the winter. Call us if you are:
- Smelling anything funny or odd from your vents
- Unusual symptoms such as frequent headaches, burning eyes, or flu-like symptoms.
- Drop in air quality and lowered output of heat
- Unusual sounds consisting of banging, rattling, squealing, or popping sounds.
- If you find yourself constantly needing to adjust the thermostat to achieve your desired temperature.
- Cost of your electricity bill is steadily rising or is noticeably higher in the winter months.
How much does furnace repair/maintenance cost in Irvine CA?
Overall for furnace & heating repair costs, the average scope of work can range anywhere from $200 to $500, with the potential in some extreme cases to balloon up to $1,500. Although those might sound relatively expensive, getting a new replacement unit can fall well north of $6,500; so it is best to have a consultation and allow a specialist to take a look at your current heating. We know when shopping for a local HVAC contractor it’s important to feel like you are being treated with honesty and respect, as constantly fluctuating prices within the market can always leave end users with more questions than answers in regards to finding someone they can trust that won’t overcharge.
Working with Omni Air HVAC for your local furnace & heating repairs/tune-ups:
Fully certified and insured for your furnace & heating repairs. We take pride in the work we do.
Up front, honest, and fair flat rate pricing, no extra ambiguous hours with labor fees from troubleshooting.
Our highly knowledgeable technicians get you a fast and honest diagnosis