Furnace Repair & Maintenance Orange CA | OC’s #1 HVAC Contractors
Do I need furnace repair?
Traditionally when we get into the later months of the year (October, November, December), the need for heating comes up in many households. There are multiple scenarios where your furnace could be underperforming or in need of maintenance that could lead to higher long-term costs or even hazardous environments. This begs the question “How do I know I need furnace repair?” We’ve developed a furnace inspection checklist that we think will help you have an idea of whether your unit needs service or not.
- Age: If your unit has a long shelf life (10+ years) and hasn’t received routine maintenance (we recommend it yearly), it is most likely time to get that unit checked.
- Check the air filter: An air filter replacement is one of the most common fixes that leads to inefficient furnace usage or poor heating. They are recommended to be replaced every 3 months.
- Clean the burners: Making sure the burners and flame sensor are cleaned is very important. The flame should be a consistent blue, a yellow or flickering flame could indicate bigger issues such as a dirty burner or a bad mixture of chemicals in the air.
- Inspect heat exchanger & CO detector: Making sure the batteries are replaced on the CO detector. Checking the heat exchanger for cracks & leaks is important as it transfers the heat from the combustion chamber to the air ducts.
- Check wiring, look for leaks, lubricate components: These tasks encompass essential routine maintenance for your unit, significantly enhancing the overall efficiency of your home’s heating system.
Consequences of a bad furnace
We highly recommend annual heating unit maintenance. It ensures efficient and safe heating, saving on electricity bills and keeping you warm during cold nights. Neglecting maintenance can be problematic, especially during winter.
Our seasoned professionals are ready to handle all your furnace tune-up needs. As a 5-star HVAC contractor in Orange, CA, we offer competitive prices for heating services. Regular tune-ups are a wise investment, significantly reducing the risk of costly emergency repairs, and ensuring your warmth and comfort all winter long.
- Smelling anything funny or odd from your vents
- Unusual symptoms such as frequent headaches, burning eyes, or flu-like symptoms.
- Drop in air quality and lowered output of heat
- Unusual sounds consisting of banging, rattling, squealing, or popping sounds.
- If you find yourself constantly needing to adjust the thermostat to achieve your desired temperature.
- Cost of your electricity bill is steadily rising or is noticeably higher in the winter months.
How much does furnace repair/maintenance cost in OrangeCA?
In the realm of furnace and heating repair expenses, the typical range typically spans from $200 to $500, with occasional instances reaching as high as $1,500. However, it’s essential to keep in mind that the cost of acquiring a new replacement unit can surpass $6,500.
To ensure you make the most informed decision, we strongly advise scheduling a consultation for a comprehensive assessment of your existing heating system. Your trust is invaluable to us, and we recognize the significance of transparency, particularly in light of market fluctuations. Please rest assured that our commitment is to deliver honest and respectful service you can depend on.
Working with Omni Air HVAC for your local furnace & heating repairs/tune-ups:
Fully certified and insured for your furnace & heating repairs. We take pride in the work we do.
Up front, honest, and fair flat rate pricing, no extra ambiguous hours with labor fees from troubleshooting.
Our highly knowledgeable technicians get you a fast and honest diagnosis