Furnace Repair & Maintenance Buena Park CA | OC’s #1 HVAC Contractors
Do I need furnace repair?
Traditionally when we get into the later months of the year (October, November, December), the need for heating comes up in many households. There are multiple scenarios where your furnace could be underperforming or in need of maintenance that could lead to higher long-term costs or even hazardous environments. This begs the question “How do I know I need furnace repair?” We’ve developed a furnace inspection checklist that we think will help you have an idea of whether your unit needs service or not.
- Age: If your unit has a long shelf life (10+ years) and hasn’t received routine maintenance (we recommend it yearly), it is most likely time to get that unit checked.
- Check the air filter: An air filter replacement is one of the most common fixes that leads to inefficient furnace usage or poor heating. They are recommended to be replaced every 3 months.
- Clean the burners: Making sure the burners and flame sensor are cleaned is very important. The flame should be a consistent blue, a yellow or flickering flame could indicate bigger issues such as a dirty burner or a bad mixture of chemicals in the air.
- Inspect heat exchanger & CO detector: Making sure the batteries are replaced on the CO detector. Checking the heat exchanger for cracks & leaks is important as it transfers the heat from the combustion chamber to the air ducts.
- Check wiring, look for leaks, lubricate components: These tasks encompass essential routine maintenance for your unit, significantly enhancing the overall efficiency of your home’s heating system.
Consequences of a bad furnace
We strongly recommend annual maintenance for your heating unit. It not only ensures efficient and safe heating for your home but also helps you save on electricity bills while keeping you and your loved ones warm and comfortable on those chilly nights. Neglecting maintenance can be a hassle during the winter when you need your furnace the most.
Our team of experienced professionals is ready to address all your furnace tune-up needs. We are proud to hold a 5-star rating as an HVAC contractor in Buena Park, CA. Our heating services are affordably priced, making regular tune-ups a smart and prudent investment. By maintaining your system consistently, you can greatly reduce the chances of expensive emergency repairs, ensuring your comfort and warmth throughout the winter season.
- Smelling anything funny or odd from your vents
- Unusual symptoms such as frequent headaches, burning eyes, or flu-like symptoms.
- Drop in air quality and lowered output of heat
- Unusual sounds consisting of banging, rattling, squealing, or popping sounds.
- If you find yourself constantly needing to adjust the thermostat to achieve your desired temperature.
- Cost of your electricity bill is steadily rising or is noticeably higher in the winter months.
How much does furnace repair/maintenance cost in Buena Park CA?
When it comes to furnace and heating repair costs, they usually fall in the range of $200 to $500, and in some rare cases, may reach up to $1,500. While these figures may appear significant, consider that a new replacement unit can exceed $6,500.
To make the best decision, we recommend scheduling a consultation for a thorough evaluation of your current heating system. We value your trust and understand the importance of transparency, especially given the fluctuations in the market. Rest assured, we’re committed to providing honest and respectful service you can rely on.
Working with Omni Air HVAC for your local furnace & heating repairs/tune-ups:
Fully certified and insured for your furnace & heating repairs. We take pride in the work we do.
Up front, honest, and fair flat rate pricing, no extra ambiguous hours with labor fees from troubleshooting.
Our highly knowledgeable technicians get you a fast and honest diagnosis